Sunday, March 21, 2010

Karibu! - Welcome!

           Attention!  Just a quick announcement to let everyone know that, as of 3/21/2010, Baba and I are still alive and kicking!

          Hi everyone!  In a miracle of modern technology, straight from Africa to your computer screen, I bring you: Tate in Tanzania!  Karibu Tanzania na Asante sana kwa kusoma blog!  That's Swahili for "Welcome to Tanzania and thank you very much for reading my blog!"  To help me learn Swahili, I'll use some of it in this blog.  To help you understand what I'm saying, I'll be sure to post all the Swahili words I use here (though I was rather tempted to just leave you all hanging).
          Want to catch up on the latest?  The best way to stay current is by clicking on the subscribe link above or below to get automatic updates about my blog.  That way you'll be woken up in the wee hours of the morning every time I post something new!  (Just kidding...)  I rather like this method as well, as it allows me to see and keep track of how many people are reading my blog. You can also check out the post(s) below.  Want to start at the beginning?  Just click here!  Or pick a topic from the Labels list on the sidebar.  Whatever you do, come join me in Tanzania!

          Hidden Post Count: 1 (Can you find them all?)

          Not So Special Notice: I finally finished updating my blog.  Sorry, just a bunch of day posts, no interesting side stuff, that will have to wait for later, right now I'm just too busy.  In fact, I'm too busy to write why I've been so busy (though you might get the idea from reading my posts), which is why I'm doing this announcement here, rather than a post.  As a compromise, I offer you this traditional African story, which I think you will like (I'll link it in with a real post later), and may even remind some of you of a...certain someone...

          Like my blog? Have your own website, blog, ect.?  Add my headline animator to your site! Just click on the "grab this" link below this sample animator...
Tate in Tanzania

4 comments:

  1. Tate,

    Those are some beautiful photos!! Good looking family as well! Are you sure you are related?? :-) I just want you to know that I write this comment I am sipping a very cold, icy cold in fact, root beer. I can see the condensation dripping down the sides of the frosty mug. Oh so good! Here, let me take a sip just for you...

    Have fun and enjoy your trip and family,

    David R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, come on..! Wait a tick, let me go to the fridge and grab another one... Oh yeah, so good! Speaking of root beer, Sam and drove down to Portland on an errand and while there visited a supply house for soda pop. He picked up a case of hand-crafted root beer because we both enjoy that deliciously dark, sweet yet snappy beverage. We drank while watching the Superbowl. Tate, I can't seem to recall the name of the root beer but it was in the top 5 I have ever tasted!

    Sam had it resting in ice so when we pulled it out of the ice chest it was so cold! There were little bits of frozen root beer circling in the neck of the bottle. Yo know how when you open a really cold bottle of root beer it releases a bit of vapor? Well that is exactly what happened with these. Then we caught a whiff of that brew and, wow!, it it our noses like a black velvet painting of Elvis - smooth and irresistible!

    Too bad we drank them all...

    See ya,

    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. See any snakes yet?

    ReplyDelete