Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 43: Depressed...

          I've been rather depressed as of late, and you can help me get over it!  To find out what I need you all to do, read this post...
          (Don't worry, I don't want your money, just a little finger work...)
          Today I paid a visit to Christina's House, the first place Baba and I had stayed at on arrive in Tanzania.  We had been invited to lunch, and I wanted to take some photos of the place.  While there I finally saw some evidence that I was slowly learning Swahili.  The dinning room has a bathroom who's toilet has a rather strange flushing mechanism.  At first I thought it was broken, then I noticed a sign reading "Vuta Hapa".  Have seen these words before on store doors, I knew exactly what to do.
          I will here admit that I was somewhat depressed over my blog.  So far it's been a rather one way street, with me shouting out into the void, unable to tell if anyone was listening.  I mean, knew some were (I had a subscription count of 15), like my family.  But I had been hoping for a much larger audience.  So that's part of the reason why it's been so long since my last update.  The other reason is because the internet started acting up right as I came out of my funk and started writing again, so I didn't get a chance to publish anything.
           So, the question become, what am I going to do to get more of a reaction out you?  First off, if you like this blog, please leave a comment on the Karibu post on the front page of this blog.  It doesn't have to be long, a simple "Keep it up Tate!" is all I ask for.  Help me out here, folks, show me your team spirit!  I've also already implemented a simple voting scheme to see what you think of my individual posts.  At the bottom of each post is a reactions section, with boxes next to different responses.  Check the ones that you agree with.  It's not that hard, all it takes is a single mouse click.  Then I can tally up the reactions and get a warm glow inside (or decide to just end it all, it's all up to you!).  Lastly, I'll try to create some interactive posts (once I figure out exactly what that is).
           I know I've mostly been posting boring "Day" posts, rest assured, I have far more expansive plans for this blog than that.  For one, I have a few stories I need to finish (like how my father became rich and famous, as well as a wanted criminal, all at the age of 10).  I'm also thinking of doing a collection of family tree posts, introducing you all to my crazy Tanzanian family (though you probably don't want that...), so that you'll know who all I'm talking about.  I also imagine you'd like me to put names to all the faces of people in the pictures I've uploaded.
          Having spent quite a lot of time on this blog (even if it doesn't' look like it), I've gotten my feet wet and learned how long it takes to get stuff done.  Which is why I say that I probably won't get all that done before I go back to the States (though miracles might happen).  However, I've already been planning to continue to work on this blog when I'm back there.  It might be worth your while to continue to look it up in following months.
          Whatever I decide to do, rest assured I'm back on the band wagon, slaving away for you guys!  (And I thought I was going on a vacation, ha!)



E’ya! - Tate


P.S. - Another way you could help me out is by subscribing (even if you don't plan on using it) so that you can be logged into my readers count.



Jump to: Day 42 or Day XX

5 comments:

  1. Tate, please keep blogging! I know lots of people love reading your blog. It's very interesting and we all like to be kept up to date with your adventures. Keep writing! And post some more pics too, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Keep it up, buddy! I love your blog. It's like a live action 'Indiana Jones' movie. lol Don't be depressed! We all really like this blog you got going. And plus, I didn't realize I could post a comment until now. (Not too computer savvy) Now, tho, I will reply to everything!

    Keep up the cool experiences!
    -Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many people love your blog. You have no idea. Just keep reminding us to comment. Like maybe at the end of each post. You have a great, very conversational and interesting style. Keep it up. We love all the stories. They are great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tate! rest be assured we love your Blog! I must admit I also overlooked the fact that we are expected to post comments! You are doing great and your stories are exciting even to us who live at this end of the world! Continue to assist Baba in managing his time and not to forget taking important medicines! looking forward to seeing you in Morogoro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too old for modern technology...
    I have been reading the blog, but couldn't figure out how to say Hi, love it, keep it up, and too funny...
    SIS ROSS

    ReplyDelete