Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 42: Leaving Karibu Home...

          Today we moved out of Karibu Home.  Zara had found some people who wanted to rent the presidential suite, and it really was time for us to go...  Not that I'm happy about it!
          I really can't over emphasize how awesome Zara Okash has been to us throughout our stay at Karibu Home.  She's gone out of her way to make sure we've been comfortable and had everything we need.  So it was with great sadness that we finally parted, vowing one day to return.
          Packing our bags, we got a ride from my cousin Immanuel (who's also a tour guide) to the Sunday meeting.  Baba and I went out preaching door-to-door afterward (for the second time), and Baba got to conduct a rather nice, if long, bible study.  From service we headed over to Shangazi Eliremisa's house.  Everyone there had been begging us to come back and visit them again (they'd even had a room prepared and on standby).
          The plan had been to then go and visit my Mjomba Shoudi after moving in.  "But?" you ask.  Ah, I see you're catching on fast to how things go for us in Tanzania.  As you may have already guess, we didn't go, as it was very far, and by the time we were ready, it was just too late.  So we went to visit Mjomba Wilfred's (Shangazi Eliremisa's husband) brother ???????????????? at Tumani University College (yes, it's a university college, haven't you ever heard of those before?).
          This, I was pleasantly surprised to learn, was where Elizabeth lived.  She had come to visit Baba and I some few days earlier at Karibu Home, and I hadn't gotten to finish teaching her some of my favorite card games.  I didn't have my cards with me (I had left them at Shangazi Eliremisa's, having just found out that I was missing five cards, a fact which has made me very upset), of course.  I'll have to remedy that, I must always take cards with me everywhere!  They are my third most valuable possession, after my laptop and camera.
          Instead we ended up playing paper games till it was time to leave.  You can always find something to do...

          I'll have to see if I can beg my mother to send me some more decks of cards...


E’ya! - Tate


Jump to: Day 41 or Day 43

No comments:

Post a Comment