Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 22: In The Lap Of Luxury

          Yesterday (after eating) Brother John took us from Aunt Eliremesa's to our next layover at Zara's place, Karibu Home, fulfilling her request that we come visit her.
          Entrepreneurship is the name of the game in Tanzania.  Zara has six acres which she has turned into a miniature luxury resort complete with bar, pool, guest houses, and a presidential suit.  We got the presidential suit (my first taste of high class), complete with sitting room and kitchen, as well as a large veranda that wraps around two sides of the house.  Zara, as it turns out, is a niece of Brother John, and thus related to us as well!
          I lazed about all day, splitting my time between working on this blog, swimming in the pool, and walking/riding around the property.  As you can tell, I was working very hard on this blog (bloody finger, okay, yeah, not really), so I hope you all are thankful!  There is this one plant that Zara put all along the paths up to the bar.  I don't know what it is, but the butterflies go absolutely nuts over them.  Every time you walk by, you are enveloped in a haze of color as the butterflies rise up and flutter about.  Unfortunately, they moved about so much I couldn't get many good shots, but I'll keep trying!  Some of my best bird shots also occurred when I didn't have my camera with me.  Ah, no rush, I'll get them tomorrow!
          You can read more about Zara's place here (Coming Soon!!!).
          All of this star treatment did come at a price, however, as I learned when I tried to leave the presidential suit that night.  We were locked in!  Trapped by our would be benefactors.  All part of some nefarious scheme to...to...well I don't know, something nefarious.  And Schemey.
          Alright, so maybe we weren't actually locked in.  Someone, who shall remain unnamed, may have been mistaken and simply not known how to open the gate on the veranda.  But hey, everyone else in the world makes mistakes, right?  That's why one has to learn to be long suffering.  And patient, that helps too.  Remember that now!


E’ya! - Tate


P.S. - I could hear cows while working, too.


Jump to: Day 21 or Day 23

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds beautiful. How does Zara advertise her resort?

    ReplyDelete