Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 65: The Sunglasses

          I forgot my sunglasses at Issac's house, and today Baba and I went back to visit Mama Estella.  Naturally it never occurred to me to ask for my glasses back.
          Why are you still reading.  That brief synopsis was the entire post.  All this is just boring details about stuff you probably aren't interested in.  And no, I'm not trying to dissuade you because something horrible and deeply embarrassing happened at Isaac's place.  Seriously.  Nothing happened at Isaac's.  We went there, said hello to Mama Estella, and left.
          Fine, don't believe me...  (though if you don't believe me, I have no idea why you're reading this pack of lies.  Other than for entertainment, of course.)
          Anandumi had hurried home after hearing about Baba's trip to the hospital.  Everyone was calling Baba telling him to take it easy and not talk.  As soon as he finished one phone call, someone else would call, and he'd have to talk to them.  Family.  Can't do anything with, or without them.  Baba had recovered some by now, and Anandumi suggested that we go visit Mama Estella.  First, though, he took us to the barber shop to get our hair cut.  Yes, we probably should have done this before the assembly, but hindsight is twenty/zero.
          From the barber shop we went across the ferry into Dar and all the way across Dar to Isaac's house.  No one came to the gate, so we let our selves in.  In the daylight I finally got a good look at the place.  It has a really nice yard full of plants.  Out back we found Etea, Mama Estella's sister, and she and Baba talked for a while.  I wandered around looking at things, which is when I ran into Mama Estella.  I quickly looked around.  Baba had followed me, and he and Mama Estella talked for a bit.  I even got a picture of them standing together.
          We left shortly after that, stopping on the way home to buy more cough medicine.  It was then that I remembered I had forgotten to get my sunglasses.  Oh well, I'll have to get them from Isaac some time.


E’ya! - Tate


Jump to: Days 63-64 or Day 67

No comments:

Post a Comment